Wednesday 28 October 2009

I Love iTunes

How revolutionary - all your music, every single, every album, every great hits collection, all in one fast, easy place. It seems so normal, so ordinary, but it is truly incredible that we no longer have to go trawling through mountains of EPs to get the song we want to listen to. The sorting options are amazing - just plug a couple letters of the title and whoops, there's the song in all of two seconds. Plop in the artist, the album, the genre, or sort by highest rated, or most played. Put any random combination of these songs into a playlist. Listen to all your thousands of songs at the touch of a button. Stick them all on your iPod and carry your entire album collection with you in your pocket. It's amazing, when you think about it.

Anyway, here are a couple of songs at the top of my own "recently played" playlist:
1. Ghosts - Laura Marling
2. Cry Me A River - Michael Bublé
3. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
4. Oh My God - Lily Allen
5. 3 Words - Cheryl Cole and Will.I.Am
6. Fascination - Alphabeat
7. Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
8. Daniel - Bat for Lashes
9. In My Life - The Beatles

3 comments:

  1. I agree, it is amazing that we can have entire albums at our disposal with the click of a button. Technology has made finding, having and sharing music so much easier and convenient! By the way, Bat For Lashes is great- good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are completely right. It really is amazing. Just think about how only a few years ago people only listened to music on CDs. There was no way to listen to songs from other albums exactly after you listened to a song on a different CD. There was no way to know how many times you've played the song, something I rely on quite a bit, as I usually organize my music by the play count. People had to sort through many CDs on their shelves to find the song they were looking for. It is an entirely different age. And I absolutely love Michael Bublé :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, Alex. I am a huge fan of itunes. Its extremely efficient. Also, I love Dreams! Fleetwood Mac comes to town in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete